Wednesday, July 23, 2008

zen wednesday - something new

so, i really want an embroidery machine. i have never actually embroidered anything before, but i think it would be so fun to try. i love the little gifts that avery has with her name on them.i have been eyeing the ones at joann's and even let the lady give me her shpeal (i have no idea how to spell that and neither does my computer, so we are going with 2nd grade phonics).

in the end i decided that 6,400 was too much. even 2,999, which the lady made clear was not quite as good as 64, was too much. there are others, and it got to be a bit overwhelming. what i want to do is not that difficult, but i already have the designs in my head, i don't just want clipart... no problem, the software to do it is only 7oo more. it would pay for itself after 350 or so onesies. what a deal!

really i am not a money person on most things. i am not trying throw it out there, it is just such a contrast to what i ended up with that it is kind of funny to me.

so here we are. i decided that on the way to omaha i was going to teach myself how to embroider. i brought a needle, some screwwy onesies that i messed up on, 2 different sized rings, some thread and an embroidery book. i spent 18 dollars.
there were 7 basic stiches in the book. i practiced with a few and then started trying out different designs.



i love the ones with names and pictures.

my plan is to get some organic onesies and sell them on zen bebe
tell me what you think! i would love some feedback.
i am not that quick yet, and i have some practicing to do... but it may be worth my time, and it could fill my embroidery infatuation for now at least!
an attempt at zen this week...

~namaste

4 comments:

Dana said...

I think they are precious! You did a great job. I'm impressed!

sgilbert said...

Looks great to me........if I had a new grandbaby I'd buy several......

S.F. Gilbert

Zanna Grace said...

Steph, in February, I'll order one that either says Suzannah or Lyle, How does that sound? :) I am so impressed by your boutique!! I'm remembering the first baby outfit and accessories we (really you!) made for Joseph (the technicolor dreamcoat!!)... I should have known you would make something great out of all of this! Many blessings.
Love, Sarah D. :)

Erin said...

I love them. Wish I had a baby to get them for! :-)