Monday, September 29, 2008

craft show

celebrate art! sherman arts festival
september 20, 2008

last weekend, i packed up all the zen bebe stuff i had been working on for the last, oh, all summer and went to sherman. on friday night james came with me to help set up and sell (1 blanket, but who is counting) and then next day jenny and my mom came to help.

they were awesome, we made a great team! mom's tupperware sales lady days came back in full swing. she was happy and friendly and so willing to talk to people about all the great uses of the burp cloth. she knew where to find corn dogs and scoped out the other baby shops.


jenny was a perfect compliment to that. she was doing a lot of the behind the scenes thinking and stratergerizing (it is a word, ask jeremy). she would make suggestions for small changes that made a big difference and on the way home we made a list of all the things we would do differently next time. that is not to say she didn't sell her butt off, she did! she listened to me desribe something once and then was able to fully expalian it the next time someone was interested.

i was amazed and felt very fortunate to have my mom and my sister helping me so much! i can honestly say i could not have done it with out them.

it is funny because people ask me all the time how it went. well, it went well. i had a lot of fun. i sold some stuff and i want to do it again. i am not rich, and things did not fly off the shelves but it was a good experience. not to mention the fact that i was in sherman, tx!

i love sherman! if you don't know, i went to austin college in sherman and i love that town. i got to see some friends that i have not seen in a long time, linnea, emily, pat and andy. i also saw one of my favorite professors, jane white. and...just to make me feel really old, i ran into lauren who i used to babysit. she is now a freshman at ac!

speaking of old, next weekend is our 10 year high school reunion...stay tuned!

3 comments:

taylor said...

you are not old. the town that you went to college in is awesome, no matter the population, and you are super cool!!!

Jenny said...

I had a great time and was glad to help, Seestor!
Love, Your Seestor

AEG said...

Your booth was so cute!! I'm glad I ran into you!!