Monday, February 2, 2009

this time around

things are a little different this time around.

i am 12 weeks along, due august 18. i was thinking about how things are different this time. not better or worse, just different.

last time, i had about 4 different pregnant-lady books that i would browse regularly. i knew exactly how big she was supposed to be and when she got her fingernails. this time i am not even sure where those books are. i probably lent them out.

last time, i knew she was a girl from the beginning. i would have bet money. this time, not so sure. i would say it is about 50/50.

last time when i told people i was pregnant the general response was "yeah, it's about time." this time, i get a lot of "wow, that was quick. was it a surprise?"
---fyi, not exactly. we knew we wanted another baby, we just did not expect it to happen so quickly. what a blessing :)

last time i ate a serious amount of chicken nuggets. this time, i would prefer not to be in the same room as chicken or chicken like products.

along the craving line, last time was all things sweet. this time (so far) it is all things sour.

last time, lots of yoga. this time, more yoga!

last time, "morning" does not quite describe the 31 weeks of toilet hugging. this time, so far 2nd trimester is golden!

last time, so excited about maternity clothes. this time, not so much.

last time i would imagine things i would do with a baby. this time i imagine what avery is going to do with a baby. i can't wait!!!


7 comments:

Jenny said...

I think you lent me a few of those books. :) I guess once you've been around the block once -- and you have an AJ -- you "go with it" more. :)

I love you!

Meg said...

I bet it's a boy! :) Have fun and enjoy how "easy" it is with just one! heehee

taylor said...

That was an awesome post! I can't believe that you are in your second trimester.

Omi Ford said...

I love this post!

Erin said...

you make me smile Stephanie!

Katie said...

Oh, sweet Stephanie. Loved your post. It's amazing how different siblings can be? And it apparently starts in the womb.

MELANIE said...

I liked your post! I wonder what you're having?!? My pregnancies were similar in some ways but very different in others and I have one of each! :) Maybe Avery will have a little brother?